Marketing automation is a process by which a business uses software applications to automate certain aspects of marketing. It often includes customer relationship management programs that allow companies to track their interactions with customers.
Marketing Automation Definition
Wikipedia defines marketing automation as:
“Marketing automation refers to software platforms and technologies designed for marketing departments and organisations to more effectively market on multiple channels online (such as email, social media, websites, etc.) and automate repetitive tasks.”
What is Marketing Automation, And How Does it Work?
Marketing Automation is a time-saving tool that helps marketers and sales teams automate their marketing and sales processes. The process of lead generation and customer relationship management (CRM) becomes more efficient as a result.
In marketing automation, the idea is to produce more targeted, personalised, and measurable marketing campaigns. This can be achieved by streamlining the content creation process with automation tools, for example, scheduling posts to be released at set times.
Types Of Marketing Automation Tools
As marketers strive for more efficient ways to manage their customer relationships, there has been an increased interest in automation tools. These tools are designed to make it easier for marketers to automate various aspects of their digital marketing activities, such as lead generation and email campaigns.
There are many different types of automation tools on the market today, each with its unique mix of features and functionalities. The type of automation tool you choose should depend on your company’s needs; not all companies will require every tool we suggest.
Below are 5 main types of marketing automation:
1) Email Marketing Automation – Email automation is a form of marketing that allows companies to automatically send emails to leads and customers based on specific criteria. Most often, the criteria are based on the recipient’s activity or inaction. Automated campaigns can be set up with triggers such as opening an email, clicking a link, or more.
2) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software – Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is a type of enterprise software designed to support and manage customer relationships, typically through an interface. A CRM system can be used for various marketing, sales, and service applications and provides real-time data on the customers’ profile, behaviour, and product usage.
3) Content Marketing Automation – Content automation solutions are software platforms that help marketers create, distribute, engage, and measure content on social media. They can help save time and resources by automating many of the tasks involved in content marketing.
4) Social Media Automation – Social Media Automation is a new service that automates tasks on social media platforms. This service utilises keywords and hashtags to publish content automatically, making it a great time-saving tool that can be easily integrated into any company’s marketing strategy.
5) Lead Management Software – One way to outline your lead generation strategy is through lead management software. This software will help you organise your leads, track their progress, and even assign one or more team members to work on them.
Download Now: Lifecycle Marketing Audit – A step by step guide to a better marketing campaign [Free Download]
Different types of marketing automation tools
Email Marketing Automation
- Hubspot – From $57 to $9,950/Month
- Active Campaign – From $9 to $229/Month
- Constant Contact – From $20 to $45/Month
- Drip – From $19 to $1,900/Month
- Customer.io – From $150 to $995/Month
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- SalesForce – $27 to $330/Month
- Hubspot – $57 to $9,950/Month
- SugarCRM – $57 to $93/Month
- Insightly – $29 to $99/Month
- FreshDeck – $12 to $60/Month
How Much Does Marketing Automation Cost?
Marketing automation has been around for the past decade and has slowly changed how marketers manage their campaigns. The cost of automation depends on the company size and the type of software used.
A basic, email-only system can start as low as $10 per month, while a marketing automation suite for enterprise companies could cost up to $10,000 per month.
The cost of automation largely depends on the type of platform that you are using. For example, using social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter will cost less to automate your marketing efforts.
On the other hand, if you are using platforms like Salesforce, then the price gets higher because, for starters, this is a more robust tool that also requires an IT team to manage it.
Marketing automation can be one of the best investments in digital marketing. The ROI usually ranges from 500% to 1000% if done correctly.
Benefits of Marketing Automation that Will Save You Time and Money
It can help you save time by cutting out redundant tasks like data entry. It can make your business more efficient by freeing up your team’s time for other essential functions like strategic planning and reporting.
It can provide insights into what your customers want by collecting data on their preferences, purchases, and lead conversions/opt-ins over time. It can help improve customer engagement with sophisticated techniques like drip email campaigns and automated nurture sequences.
How Can Market Automation Help You Achieve Your Marketing Goals?
Market Automation tools can help marketing teams in a variety of ways. With insights from the automation tools, marketers can focus their attention on the right tasks, execute them more efficiently and react in real-time to changes in the market.
The use of automation is becoming more and more popular as the years go by. With this software, marketers can automate their work and save time.
Marketers also can increase their lead generation by generating more contacts, finding the right customers for their products or services, and automating repetitive tasks such as email campaigns and customer follow-ups.
It is essential for any company that wants to generate a lot of leads. It allows companies to automate their lead generation campaigns that would typically take hours or days to complete manually.
This type of software can often improve efficiency significantly, enabling marketers to close deals faster than they would be able to without it. It also helpful in personalising each contact’s journey due to its ability to make suggestions on what content they should see.
Marketing automation is a way to ensure that you stay in touch with your consumers and maintain a good brand. It can help you organise your marketing efforts and improve the way your content is presented to the consumer.