Click Here To Schedule Your Free Call Today
What is TikTok?
The video-sharing application known as TikTok has quickly emerged as one of the most widely used forms of social media across the globe. It is well-known for its compact videos that are accompanied by catchy tunes. ByteDance is responsible for the development of the app, which has already been downloaded a total of over 3 billion times.
How to Get Started on TikTok
- Download the free app from the app store of your choice.
- Register by logging in with your email address, Phone number, Google, Facebook, or Twitter account.
- TikTok will then assign you a randomly generated and unique username such as “user8437948357”, which you can change if you so desire. If you decide to create your username, you’ll need to remember that it can’t contain symbols or spaces other than a period and an underscore.
- Now that your account has been created, you can modify your profile picture and bio to reflect your preferences. If this is a business account, you should use your company’s logo as your profile picture, and in your bio, you should include a brief explanation of what your company does.
- After that, you are ready to begin exploring content. TikTok will automatically collect personalised videos for you. Still, you also can search for different people and follow them (We recommend searching for people who do the same as you and interacting with them).
- Simply start recording after pressing the “+” button at the bottom of your screen to produce your first TikTok!
How To Use TikTok Effectively For Your Brand And Business
TikTok can serve as an efficient marketing tool for your company, allowing you to spread the word about your products or services to potential customers. The following are some suggestions for carrying it out in an efficient way:
Use your creativity
Because TikTok is primarily a visual platform, an essential aspect of using it is to exercise your creativity to differentiate yourself from the numerous other marketers and brands using it. Be sure that you are utilising the appropriate hashtags, tags, and captions for each of your videos. If you want to make a video that people can’t stop thinking about, make it no longer than 15 seconds long.
Be interactive with your audience
TikTok is used by a lot of people as a way to interact with their followers in real-time, which makes it ideal for promoting events or sales promotions on the platform, such as discounts or promotions on specific products or services. Since a lot of people use TikTok for this purpose, it is also ideal for promoting sales promotions on the platform.
Keep your video short and simple
Having fewer elements can actually improve their quality when it comes to videos. There is a widespread misconception that a longer video will automatically be more compelling and exciting to viewers, but nothing could be further from the truth. Today’s consumers are subjected to a barrage of advertising on a daily basis; consequently, if you want your message to resonate with them, you need to keep your video as brief and straightforward as possible.
Create interesting content
Watch time is a significant component of the TikTok algorithm. If you double the watch time of your video, you will receive ten times as many views because TikTok wants users to stay on their app. TikTok will recommend your content to a more significant number of users if it is compelling enough to keep people glued to their screens.
Examples of Brands Using TikTok to Grow
Companies are beginning to take notice of this development of TikTok and how much you can grow. Ryanair, Gymshark, the NBA, Bang Energy, and KFC are just some of the top brands that have found success with TikTok.
Up to this point, Ryanair has had great success on TikTok. They have over 1.6 million followers on the app, and across all of their videos, they have a total of 12.6 million people who have liked them. Ryanair is using TikTok to advertise its brand. The company is also attempting to reach younger audiences that may not be familiar with Ryanair’s existence or its services.
Additionally, Gymshark has enjoyed tremendous success with its TikTok account. Their account has more than 3.6 million followers, and they’ve recently worked to grow that number. Additionally, their posts have received more than 55.5 million likes. Gymshark is utilising TikTok to publicise their most recent product releases and reach younger audiences who might not be familiar with the brand just yet.
TikTok Demographics and Statistics
According to Business Of Apps,
“TikTok generated an estimated $4.6 billion in revenue in 2021, a 142% increase year-on-year, TikTok had 1.2 billion monthly active users in Q4 2021 and is expected to reach 1.5 billion by the end of 2022, In China, TikTok is accessed by over 600 million users daily, TikTok has been downloaded over three billion times.”
TikTok Marketing Strategies That Will Get You More Followers
Using a strategy is the most effective method for gaining followers on TikTok. On TikTok, you can increase the number of people who follow you through a variety of methods; however, the following are some of the most efficient of those methods:
1) To attract more attention to your content, make use of hashtags. People who are searching for content using the same hashtags that you are using will be able to find your posts if you use hashtags. Your popularity on TikTok will increase as a result of this, as more users will be able to locate your profile and start following you (make sure you use hashtags you think people will actually use).
2) Make use of the promote feature on TikTok. TikTok offers a feature called “promote,” through which users can pay to have their set videos advertised to a target audience of their choosing.
3) Get familiar with TikTok; by doing this, you will understand what people like to see, and with the huge amount of people on TikTok, there is a very high chance that there are people who like the same things as you and you can use that information on the videos you post to your account in the future.
4) Connect to friends on TikTok; you can connect to your other social media platform so that friends on those platforms can find you, which will be a big boost when you are starting out on TikTok as TikTok will see a high engagement rate on your videos and recommend them to new people.
5) Reply to customers/people who need help; you don’t need just to use TikTok for fun videos; it can also be used for customer service using the duet feature. If someone makes a video asking for help on a topic, you can duet their video with a response to their video.
Download Now: Social Media Calendar – Use this social media content planner to create your digital media strategy [FREE DOWNLOAD]
How to use the TikTok Promote Feature
Following are the steps that need to be taken in order to use the promote feature:
Firstly, go to your profile then select the three horizontal lines at the top right, then select creator tools, then click promote.
Select the video that you would like to promote by pressing the promote button. If a video that you have posted isn’t showing, it is highly likely that this is because the music in the video is copyrighted, and TikTok does not permit you to promote content that contains copyrighted music.
In this section, you will decide what you want to do with regard to the promotion. Do you wish for the video to receive a higher level of engagement? Do you want people to visit your website as a result of the video? or do you wish to increase the number of people who follow you?
Step 4.1 – More engagement
TikTok will ask you to select the audience you would like the video to reach after you have selected more engagement. You have the option of selecting “Default audience” or “Custom audience.” If you select “Default audience,” TikTok will use its algorithm to determine who will enjoy your content and will choose the audience for you. If you select “Custom audience,” you will be able to select the audience yourself.
If you choose the custom option, you will have the opportunity to determine exactly who will see your post. Your choices are limited to these three categories: gender, age, and interests. After you have completed all of these steps and chosen your target demographic, you will be able to decide how long you want your video to be advertised for as well as how much money you are willing to spend each day/total.
Step 4.2 – More website visits
After you have chosen the option to receive more visits to your website, you will be presented with a screen that requests the link to your landing page as well as the type of action button you would like to use. Make sure that your landing page is optimised to the fullest extent possible before you put it online. This will increase the likelihood that people who visit your page will make a purchase from you.
You have a number of options available to you via the action button (Learn more, shop now, Sign up, Contact us, Apply now and book now). You will want to select the action button that corresponds to the course of action you want your audience to take.
For instance, if you run an offline store that also has an online presence, you will want to use the shop now action button. On the other hand, if you run an offline store that also has an online presence, you will not want to use the book now option because it will not have any bearing on what you want customers to do (unless you want them to book now for a service you sell). When you have finished with this step, the next step is to choose the audience that will watch your video (look at step 3.1 for a more detailed look at this).
Step 4.3 – More followers
The option to receive more followers is identical to the option to receive more engagement; however, rather than receiving an increased number of likes, you will receive an increase in the number of followers.
How your TikTok videos can make people visit your website
It is essential to keep in mind that not all videos will be successful in their respective markets. Successful videos are those that create a sense of urgency or a sense of need. This can be accomplished by demonstrating to the viewer how visiting your website will improve a certain aspect of their life.
People who go to your website from a video are more likely to buy something compared to people who search for your product on google. It should come as no surprise, then, that video is one of the best ways to get people to visit your website. Having said all of this, it is ultimately up to you to create a good landing page for these individuals that is well optimised to turn them into paying customers.
Download Now: Social Media Calendar – Use this social media content planner to create your digital media strategy [FREE DOWNLOAD]
Benefits of using TikTok
TikTok is a social media application that was developed in order to compete with Snapchat and other short-form content social media platforms. This app is primarily utilised for the creation of brief videos and is mainly used by younger people but also a wide range of older people as well.
UtilisingUtilising TikTok can be advantageous in many different ways:
1) Audience – One of the most important aspects of TikTok is that it has a very simple interface. This makes it easy to use, even for people who don’t have much experience with social media apps. As a result, TikTok’s audience is significantly larger than that of other social media platforms and includes a wider variety of users.
2) Enhance Brand Identity – TikToks’ growing popularity can also be attributed to the fact that the app helps companies strengthen their brand identities. Because people want to be as competitive as possible, they can easily market their personal brand and target a specific audience while using the app.
3) High Engagement: The average engagement rate on TikToks is over 6 per cent, which makes it one of the most engaging social media platforms that are currently available.
5) Raise awareness of the brand: Brands have the opportunity to connect with younger demographics who are not their typical customers.
6) There is a free option. Businesses can use TikTok without spending any money in order to test the waters with the platform before deciding whether or not to go with a paid plan (this can help you choose and see if TikTok is what your brand needs or not).
Will TikTok Shop Help Your Business?
You can now sell your goods through TikTok and have free advertising from other creators on the app who can make a commission on selling your goods for you, or you can do the same and promote other people’s products and make a commission on that. TikTok shop is an incredible new feature that allows you to sell your goods through TikTok and have free advertising from other creators on the app.
If you own a bakery, for instance, you could add items that are used for baking to your TikTok shop, and if anyone buys those items, you will earn a commission on the sale of those items. If you sell supplies that bakeries need, this strategy is also applicable; in that case, you could add your products to the TikTok shop and let other users sell them on your behalf. You will need nothing more than a Shopify store in order to add your goods for sale to the TikTok shop.
The only guidelines for the TikTok shop are:
- Have over 1000 followers
- Be at least 18 years old
- Posted a video on TikTok in the last 28 days
How to Start Making TikTok Videos
When starting out, you want to make general funny videos that will get people’s interest because if you start posting videos about what you sell, people won’t follow, or you will have a lot fewer interactions. You will also want to post consistently, so before posting your first video, have 5 more videos ready to post for the next few days.
Below is a general step by step guide to start creating TikTok:
- Step 1: Conduct a search on TikTok for video concepts that would be a good fit for your organisation. You could, for instance, produce a video with the title “Types of Employees in Every Office.” This particular style of video is successful because a large number of individuals are able to relate to it and share it with their friends and the people they work with.
- Step 2: Make your first few videos, and before you post them, ask your friends and the people around you what they think of the videos and whether or not they would like to see more like them (make sure to ask people who will give you their honest opinion).
- Step 3: Publish your video. At first, you should try to publish at least once per day. This will ensure that viewers who find your channel through one of your videos can easily find additional content from you. You should also make sure to use the appropriate hashtags that are associated with the video. Additionally, you may use a hashtag that is associated with the city in which your company is based. For instance, a business based in London may include the hashtag #London in their video to make it easier for people searching for that hashtag to find their video and learn that the business is located in London.
- Step 4: Check your analytics to determine which videos had longer viewer times and why people stayed engaged with those particular videos for a longer period of time than they did with other videos. After that, you can put the knowledge you’ve gained to good use by improving future videos you create by using the information you’ve gathered.
How to use Your TikToks on Other Platforms
Now that TikTok is such a significant player in the world of social media, other platforms have created their own versions of it, such as youtube shorts; therefore, instead of just posting your videos to only TikTok, you could also post them to Facebook, Youtube Shorts, Instagram, and Snapchat.