Video has been the ruler for online content for several years, and the growth has shown no signs of slowing down. If a picture says a thousand words, then a video tells the whole story.
However, there’s a new kid on the block (well, they’ve been around for a while, actually), but most fail to value them.
Throughout this article, you will learn what’s changing in the world of content marketing and who is knocking at the door of video eager to steal its crown.
Why Is Video Content Marketing Important?
Video marketing is an essential part of any marketing strategy. With video content, brands can tell their story to the world and not just sell their products. It provides a way to connect with people in a personal and emotional manner.
Video content also has the capability to cut through the clutter and reach its audience in an instant way. It is more effective than text, images or even audio messages.
Video marketing is important not only for reaching new audiences but also for retaining current customers and growing sales fast.
[Download Now] How To Create The Perfect Video Sales Letter – FREE GUIDE
What Is Video Content Marketing?
Video content marketing relies on the production and distribution of video content to attract, engage, and retain customers.
Video content marketing has been proven to be more effective than other forms of digital marketing. It allows you to communicate your message more personally, which is why it’s so popular among B2B businesses.
The latest statistics from the ‘MarkinBlog website’ states that 72% of people involved in video marketing say they use videos to raise brand awareness.
They also go on to state the following video marketing statistic:
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support
- 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices
- 72% of people involved in video marketing say they use videos to raise brand awareness.
- 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool
- Using video marketing could boost your leads by 66% annually
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer because of a video on social media
- 88% of marketers say they plan to do video marketing on Youtube
- Internet users spend close to 7 hours each week watching online videos
- Youtube has 2+ billion users, which is almost 1/3 of the internet population
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media
- 83% of video marketers say videos have helped them generate leads
- Watching a product video convinced 74% of people to download an app or software
There is no doubt that video should take a prominent place in your marketing strategy, and with good reason too.
Video Marketing’s Biggest Competitor
Instagram currently pulls an impressive 1 billion monthly active (MAU’s)
Monthly Active Users Definition (MAU’s):
These are registered and logged-in users who visit Instagram’s App or web application within 30 dayswithin 30 days from the date of measurement.
You have many different ways to post on Instagram, and each should involve a different strategy. Here are a few ways you can currently post:
- Post to your feed
- Share to your story
- Create a highlight from your story
- IGTV (soon to be discontinued)
But the biggest challenge to video doesn’t come in the form of your story post, nor the reels, or the really cool highlights on Instagram. It comes from the carousel you can create from your feed post.
View this post on Instagram
How do you create an Instagram feed carousel?
To create an Instagram feed carousel, use the following steps:
- Open your Instagram app and tap Add Post.
- Click the multiple-image Post.
- You can select up to 10 images or videos to include. Select them in the order that you would like them to appear.
- Swipe through the images that you have selected to ensure you’re happy. You can tap the overlapping circles to edit or add filters to each individual photo.
- When you’re finished with your edits, tap Next.
- Write your caption and add any tags you’d like to include. And tap Share to make your Post visible.
Why Are Instagram Carousels So Good For Marketing?
Instagram carousels are becoming more and more popular on the photo-sharing social media platform. They offer a fast and easy way to showcase your products and services to your followers and potential customers.
Instagram carousels allow you to share up to ten photos in a row for a quick overview of your company. They can also be used as lead generation tools for specific campaigns or promotions.
What’s great about Instagram carousels is that they keep showing up in your feed; if you don’t grab your audience’s attention on the first pic, you have a second shot with the next carousel image.
So are we saying stop making videos and start focussing all your attention on Instagram carousels? No, but carousels are showing a significant impact if you want to maximise your marketing efforts and not just get more from your budget but get more from your marketing.